In a culture thriving on social media perceptions, it is easy for our social channels to share only the most ideal and surface level pieces of our lives. #HALFTHESTORY is a social media awareness campaign that aims to break down these “perfect moments” and #getreal. It provides a platform to share a part of our identity that is not regularly revealed through social channels. #HALFTHESTORY, unlike other movements, aims to shed lights on hidden human talents, passions, or beliefs that connect us on a deeper level, in addition to the struggles that we face. Our passions are at the core of our being, and these are what connect us, so let’s share them.
THE STORIES WE'RE TELLING
- Freshman year at college is just as easy as it looks on social media.
- New York Fashion Week was the most glamorous experience of my life #iwokeuplikethis
- My boyfriend and I are the definition of #relationshipgoals.
- I have it all figured out.
- My #sociallife rocks, so let me prove it.
THE STORIES WE SHOULD BE TELLING
Unknown passions, discovery, broken hearts, vulnerability, stress, depression, secret aspirations, guilt, fear, anxiety, mental health, weakness, injury, hidden talents, pressure, pursuit.
Sharing your story allows you to connect with people on a deeper level - share your #halfthestory and use social media to connect rather than disconnect.